Thanks to its reefs and caves, Gozo is a renowned island for scuba diving. Diving conditions are optimal all year long, with a generally calm sea, crystal clear and warm water. With many diving options, Gozo is great both for beginners and experienced divers.
You can also dive around Xlendi, in the Ta 'Cenc area, Marsalforn or around the bay of Mġarr ix-Xini.
The best diving sites in Gozo :
- Blue Hole: go deep underwater via a big vertical chimney and reach the sea by passing under a arch. There is also a large cave. Suitable for all levels.
- Crocodile Rock: is home to a lot of fish species. groupers, tunas and barracudas. Suitable for all levels.
- Fungus Rock: not much sea life there but a beautiful landscape with a cave, gullys and vertical walls. Suitable for all levels.
- Inland Sea: a 80 meters long underwater tunnel.
- Reqqa Point: the top of the reef is home to groupers, scorpion fish and the Shrimps Cave. Suitable for all levels.
- Fessej Rock: ideal for deep-sea diving
- Wreck of the MV Karwela: this ferry was sunk for diving purposes
- San Dimitri Point: good chances of seeing huge shoals of fish there
- Wied Il Gashri, the best place to sea seahorses
- Double Arch Reef: a rock cut into 2 arches, where you can see cuttlefish, octopus and sea urchins.